Best Medicine for Infertility Treatment in Males
Male infertility is the inability of male’s to cause pregnancy in a fertile female. In earlier days, infertility is connected with only females but recent studies have revealed that male can also be responsible for pregnancy failure. Male infertility accounts for approximately one-fifth of all infertility cases.
What causes male infertility?
There are 4 main reasons which cause male infertility:
- A hypothalamic or pituitary disorder
- Gonad disorder
- Sperm transport disorder
- Abnormal sperm production
Male infertility generally occurs due to sperm abnormalities. Sperm abnormalities result due to inflammation of the testicles, swollen veins in scrotum and abnormally developed testicles.
However, modern and complementary medicines have many solutions which improve male fertility. Fertility drugs are used to improve hormonal imbalance and sperm count, increasing man’s fertility.
Although, all fertility drugs will not work in a similar way. Therefore, it is necessary to identify the cause of infertility. Some drugs are described below which can help to terminate male infertility:
- Clomiphene: This is used to enhance testosterone level in males by increasing the production of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (luteinizing hormone). This treatment runs for three to six months and drug is consumed three times in a week. Usually, drug is consumed in fewer amounts if taken over a large period of time i.e. 2 years.
- Gonadotrophins (hCG and hMG): Gonadotrophins are secreted from anterior of pituitary gland and they act on gonads (ovaries or testes). In men, the most common symptom of gonadotrophin deficiency is loss of libido and erectile dysfunction. Therefore, usage of this drug improves production of testosterone and sperm count. This is the most effective medication as it increases the sperm count around 90%. It is often taken in form of injection twice or thrice a week.
- Letrozole: This drug is used to maintain proper testosterone levels in males. Letrozole is often available in form of pills taken only once in a week. Moreover, it is a user friendly drug and a innovation to treat male’s infertility.
- Imipramine: Imipramine is used when production of sperm is less than required. Its main function is to treat retrograde ejaculation in males.
- Bromocriptine: This medication is used for male’s having an abnormal sperm count. Usage of bromocriptine prevents release of prolactin hormone from pituitary gland, resulting in enhance testosterone level and increased production of sperm for fertilisation.
- Antibiotics and fungal treatments: There are many instances when reproductive system gets infected by bacteria or fungi. Use of antibiotics and fungi medicines is recommended to treat the infection.
Natural Ways to Increase Male’s Fertility:
- Exercising on a regular basis will help to increase testosterone levels in males. According to the research, exercising five times in a week for duration of 45 minutes can improve fertility.
- Unbalance Diet or diet which lack proper amount of nutrient can result in abnormal sperm count. Therefore, it is important to have a balanced meal with proper amount of nutrients.
- Usage of Nutriental supplements (Zinc and L-carnitine) help to increase sperm count and motility of sperm.
- Herbal supplements (ginseng, saraspallia, maca root, ashwagandha) also help in improving blood circulation in male’s reproductive system.
- Infertility can also occur due to the consumption of alcohol, nicotine or other forms of drugs. Therefore, usage of these should be avoided to have a healthy reproductive system.
Do male fertility drugs have any side-effects?
Fluid retention, Headache, Fatigue, Mood changes, Breast enlargement, Acne and Weight gain are some of the side effects which become prominent while using these drugs. Although, these side- effects will disappear once treatment stops. If medication doesn’t work, other surgical treatments are suggested.
What is the cost of infertility drugs?
Cost of infertility drugs depend upon the brands picked. Clomiphene have a price range of around 30-100 Rs for a strip of 5-10 tablets. Gonadotrophins are most expensive drugs as compared to others. It cost around Rs 500 for a vital containing 5000 iu. The cost of imipramine is under 100 Rs while Letrozole costs around 1200 Rs. Usage of supplements also helps to boost fertility in males.
When facing problems related to infertility, choose correct solution which does not have negative effect on your health. Therefore, the first thing any individual should do is to stop worrying about infertility. Only a free mind can think about the possible solution and its outcome.