How to Improve Sperm Health to Boost Fertility?
Sperm health is the measure of fertility in males. In any case of infertility, the first suggested test is Semen analysis to check sperm health. Semen is examined on the following factors.
- Sperm Count: Number of sperms in 1 ml semen.
- Sperm Motility: Forward Progression or headfirst the flow of sperm in the semen.
- Sperm Structure: Known as morphology and includes shape and appearance of sperm.
Fertility in males affects if any of the above factors are found to be irregular. However, there are lots of ways to improve the quality and quantity of sperm. For semen analysis, contact SCI IVF Hospital having the best male infertility doctor in Delhi.
Improvement in Lifestyle
Sperm condition largely depends on the routine you follow. A physically active person stays more stress-free and healthier. Fine sperm quality is achievable by some minor lifestyle changes.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking adversely affects male fertility. Nicotine in cigarettes increases hypertension that is harmful to fertility and causes erectile dysfunction. Smoking directly affects the sperm morphology and deforms the shape of sperm such as the too long or too short tail, less round head, multiple heads or tails, and so on. Smoking imbalances the zinc level in semen that is essential for fertility.
- Control Alcohol Consumption: Excessive Alcohol consumption may reduce the testosterone level and follicle-stimulating hormone.
- Stress Management: In day-to-day life, people observe stress. Researchers state Thar semen parameters and stress are linked. Stress affects the luteinizing hormone (LH) and desire for sexual activity.
- Start Exercise: Bodily activities such as running, yoga, and exercise help blood circulation in the body. The blood reaching the sexual organs also flows efficiently and triggers more sperm production.
Changing diet can help you to stay fit and healthy. Including fatty acid-rich food in the diet, helps in providing energy to the cells and triggering the hormone synthesis. Include vitamin (A, D, E) and anti-oxidant rich foods in your diet that helps in enhancing fertility level. Taking supplements such as folate and zinc helps in maintaining sperm quality. Folate is important for spermatogenesis (the sperm cells development) and DNA synthesis, while Zinc control normal hormonal function. Spinach, banana, asparagus, dark chocolate, walnuts, and green vegetables upsurgesperm count, sperm motility, and quality.
Cutting off carbs, sugary drinks, caffeine, and processed food from your diet support healthy sperm production.
Medication for Sperm Health
The following medication help improving the overall sperm quality and volume.
- Clomiphene Citrate: It can benefit in case of low testosterone level. It indirectly develops the quantity of LH and FSH is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
- Human Growth Hormone: HGH has a countless impact on spermatogenesis and male fertility. It can improve the morphology and motility in GH-deficient males.
- Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin: HCG injections increase spermatogenesis and encourage testis growth.
For fertility-improving medication, contact Dr. Vishal Dutt Gaur – the best urologist in Delhi.