Female infertility can have many causes which result in various treatment methods. Thus, female infertility is difficult to diagnose. A lot of infertile couples may conceive a child even without treatment.
Symptoms of infertility in women
You can classify Infertility as trying to get pregnant with frequent sex without protection for at least a year. The most common symptom of infertility is the inability to get pregnant. Furthermore, other symptoms can cause menstrual cycles to lengthen (35 days or more) or to shorten (less than 21 days). Irregular or absent menstrual cycles can mean that you are not ovulating. There may or may not be any other symptoms.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should visit a doctor. Visiting one of the best female infertility doctors in Delhi will help you with the best diagnosis. Seeking help from a Gynecologist may depend on your age.
- For up to age 35 – If you are experiencing irregular menstrual cycles, discuss them with your doctor. Although in most cases doctors advise on trying to get pregnant for at least a year before the diagnosis.
- When between the ages of 35 to 40 – It is best to try for six months before discussing your concerns with a Gynaecologist.
- For ages above 40 – The Gynecologist may suggest testing or treatment right away.
Gynaecologists can also begin testing or treatment if your partner is known to have fertility problems. Moreover, if you are experiencing irregular or painful periods, pelvic inflammatory disease, miscarriages you should consult a doctor right away. Consult one of the top Gynaecologists in Delhi to receive good treatment and diagnosis.
What are the causes of infertility in women?
Women can have many factors that can disrupt ovulation at any step. Female infertility can have one or more factors. Although the most common disorder is Ovulation disorder.
Disorders in ovulation account for most of the cases of infertility. If you are experiencing infrequent or no ovulation at all consider consulting a doctor. Problems in regulating hormones by the hypothalamus or pituitary gland can also be one of the reasons.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) – This causes a hormone imbalance that affects ovulation. It is one of the most common causes of infertility in women.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction – Luteinizing Hormone and Follicle-Stimulating Hormone are the two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month. Excess physical or emotional stress or substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt hormones and affect ovulation. If you are experiencing such hormonal imbalances, consider visiting the best Gynecologist in Delhi NCR.
- Excess Prolactin – The pituitary gland can cause excess secretion of prolactin, which reduces estrogen production. Thus, affecting the ability of ovulation and causing infertility in women.
You may experience some or all of the issues that can disrupt ovulation cycles. If so, you need to consult a top Gynaecologist in Delhi to get an accurate diagnosis and good treatment. Paying attention to your menstrual cycles is important to have a good idea if you suffering from infertility.