Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is assisted reproductive technology in which a man’s sperm is implanted into a woman’s uterus.
A woman having trouble ovulating should see a fertility specialist to get a proper diagnosis. The fertility specialist may prescribe medicines that stimulate egg production. The fertility doctor will monitor her cycle to determine the optimal moment to commence IUI. After a mature egg has been detected, a “trigger shot” is administered to initiate ovulation within 36 hours.
At this point, the fertility expert will begin preparing the sperm. The fertility specialist at the best IVF clinic in Delhi inserts the sterile sperm into the female partner’s uterus with a tiny, flexible catheter after the female has ovulated.
Factors affecting the cost of IUI
The following are the factors affecting the cost of IUI:
- The number of IUI attempts:Unfortunately, IUI treatment in Delhi is not a one-and-done deal. Women’s success rates with IUI vary widely, with some conceiving after the first cycle and others needing as many as three attempts. Several variables, including age and way of living, influence the total number of IUI treatment cycles needed. The cost of IUI rises proportionally with the patient’s total number of treatment cycles.
- Donor sperm:The price of IUI therapy might skyrocket if a couple chooses to have a child using donor sperm. If the male partner’s sperm is used, the pair may save money.
- Medication to stimulate ovulation:Medication to induce ovulation is the first step of the IUI process. Commonly recommended oral drugs at the start of IUI treatment cost in Delhi between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 6,000. The cost of trigger medications increases if they must be administered through injection. Ovulation induction medicine might cost up to Rs. 2,500 every cycle.
- Monitoring the follicle:Follicle monitoring is essential during IUI therapy. The added cost of follicle monitoring might range from Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 4,000, based on how often you need to have it done and how far away the clinics are.
- The fertility specialist’s qualifications:The costs associated with the therapy might vary widely depending on the competence level of the IUI specialist. A fertility expert with several years of relevant professional expertise.
Cost of IUI treatment
The total cost of IUI treatment at the IUI treatment center in Delhi depends on the method of IUI the couple chooses to use. The average price for an IUI is between Rs 15,000 and 20,000. The cost of IUI therapy may vary from about Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 30,000, with the exact figure fluctuating based on variables such as the patient’s age, the number of treatment cycles required, the drugs required, and so on. How much an IUI procedure will set you back depends on several factors, including where you live and which fertility clinic you go to.
But you shouldn’t base your decision just on the IUI treatment cost. Getting pregnant with only one round of fertility treatment is uncommon. Many couples need many attempts at conception before they become pregnant. Consequently, the total cost of an IUI process is based on the number of cycles, plus any extra cycles, that are required to achieve a positive outcome.
The intrauterine insemination success rate may be as high as 20% if both male and female procedures are conducted each month since it relies on various factors. In addition, factors such as female age, the nature of the difficulties, and the fertility medicines utilized by fertility experts all contribute to the overall success rate of IUI therapy. Your doctor will give you some advice on how to improve your chances of becoming pregnant following IUI. To know more, contact Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour.