You may not give much thought to your sperm’s quality very frequently. But if you and your spouse are looking to create or grow your family, the quantity and quality of your sperm are vital. Although it only takes a single sperm to fertilize an egg, the journey is not easy. Having more sperm increases your chances of success.
Identifying the Cause of a Low Sperm Count
You should probably contact a doctor if you and your partner have been engaging in frequent, unprotected intercourse for the last year without either becoming pregnant. If you have symptoms like difficulty ejaculating, discomfort in the testicles, or past procedures, you may want to schedule an appointment sooner for male infertility treatment in Delhi.
In most cases, a diagnosis is made after a thorough physical examination, a review of the patient’s medical history, and an analysis of the sperm.
Because your sperm can be quantified under a microscope and examined for motility (movement) and morphology (shape), it may be especially useful in diagnosing. Due to the substantial inter-sample variability, your doctor may wish to repeat the study to guarantee reliability.
You should expect to get a container from the medical facility where you will deliver the sample. The container will be given to you, and you will be instructed to masturbate and ejaculate. If you decide to collect the samples in your own home, you’ll be given specific instructions on keeping the sample safe until you can return it to the laboratory within an hour.
Your doctor may also do these other tests:
- The analysis of hormonal levels or chromosomal makeup in the blood
- The use of ultrasound to see one’s testicles or prostate
- In the event of obstructions, a biopsy may assess sperm production.
Some methods used for male infertility treatment in Delhi, like low sperm count, are:
- Surgery:The vas deferens may be unblocked, or a varicocele treated surgically as two examples. Former vasectomy procedures may be undone. If no sperm can be found in the ejaculate, sperm may typically be extracted from the testicles or epididymis.
- Antibiotics to treat infections:When antibiotics clear up an infection in the reproductive system, fertility isn’t usually immediately restored.
- Procedures for addressing issues with intercourse:In cases of erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation, medication or counseling might assist in boosting fertility.
- Medications and therapies for hormones:If your infertility is linked to an imbalance in hormone levels or difficulties with how your body processes hormones, your doctor may offer hormone replacement therapy or medication.
- Assisted reproductive technology (ART): Male infertility treatment in Delhi using ART may include obtaining sperm by regular ejaculation, surgical extraction, or from donor people, depending on your health and choices. The sperm is then used in IVF, ICSI, or inserted into the female vaginal canal.
Avoiding known sperm-harming causes is the best way to safeguard your fertility.
- Stop smoking
- The use of alcohol should be restricted or avoided
- Medications that may reduce sperm count should be discussed with your doctor
- Keep your weight in check
- Prevent heat
- Eliminate stress
- Stay away from harmful chemicals such as pesticides and metals
Low sperm counts do not impede pregnancy. It might take longer than you anticipate, and you could benefit from seeing a medical professional at SCI IVF Hospital to enhance the quality of your sperm.
Even so, it’s best to see a doctor if you’re worried about a health problem. By doing so, you may assess the severity of your low sperm count, learn about your treatment choices, and decide whether assisted reproductive technologies like IUI and IVF are right for you.